Risk Control & Safety Services
Risk Control & Safety Programs to Save Lives and Control Costs
For more than 20 years, J.A. Montgomery Consulting has built customized risk control and safety programs to help public entities address their specific challenges. The diverse background of each safety professional enables the team to create robust programs that reduce accident rates and find significant cost savings.
In addition to staying abreast of the latest research, our team members’ advanced certifications, including Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT), Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CSPI), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Associate in Risk Management (ARM), allow them to put best practices into action.
We serve as the primary safety resource for hundreds of public entities and even operate as Safety Director for dozens of public entity insurance funds and insurance commissions. Clients that have been with us 10 years or longer report their accident frequencies have decreased by an average of more than 65%.
Risk Control & Safety Services
- Loss Trend Analysis: The most effective way to begin a risk control program is to track accident rates each month and circulate the results to both senior and line management. We also research benchmarks so our clients can compare their results against appropriate industry standards.
- Risk Control Surveys: We conduct 1,250 onsite facility inspections each year. Surveys include but are not limited to facility inspections, job safety observations, and review of current safety programs and training documentation.
- Management and Employee Training: Each year, J.A. Montgomery trains over 50,000 managers and employees on a variety of subjects, including safety, risk control and employment practices. Our team also produces customized risk control videos and online training programs from the initial script through final edit.
- Law Enforcement: One of the most serious exposures for government at all levels is law enforcement. One-third of J.A. Montgomery’s staff are retired command police officers who have first-hand knowledge of exposures and can communicate with law enforcement professionals.
- Professional Relationships: Our staff maintains relationships with key risk management and safety organizations, including NJ State Association of Chiefs of Police, NJ State Industrial Safety Committee, Board of Certified Safety Professionals, National Safety Council and local chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals.
- Regulatory Compliance: The cost and headaches of complying with complicated and often burdensome government regulations can be a nightmare. J.A. Montgomery’s staff has decades of experience working with New Jersey Public Employee Occupational Safety and Health (PEOSH) and many other federal and state agencies. J.A. Montgomery offers consultation services to all clients and provides simulated compliance audits and PEOSH assistance services.